Camperguru for Android

Camperguru for iOS

Get a mobile companion. Navigating to spots and getting inspired gets now easier.

No thanks Install App
toll roads and motorways in europe

Motorway & Road Tolls for Campers in Europe +Map

This might be the most complete list of European tolls. We have tried to verify and describe as accurately as possible all the information about the countries concerned. However, it is possible that something is described incorrectly or superficially. If you have better information, please post it in the comments. We will be more than happy to update the article.

Motorway (Highway) Tolls in Europe for Caravanners — The Map

Map of tolls on roads of Europe

🇬🇧 English — 🇩🇪 Deutsch — 🇫🇷 Français — 🇪🇸 Español — 🇨🇿 Česky

The use of a significant part of Europe's motorways and roads is, unfortunately subject to tolls. What is worse, there is as yet no uniform pan-European regulation on the amount and form of these charges.

This is not necessarily a bad thing, however, the amount of these charges is not only based on the weight, but often also on the height of the vehicle, the height above the front axle, the number of seats, or other criteria. Therefore, many questions arise before the journey begins:

  • How do I buy the necessary stamp/pass?
  • What will the fees be?
  • Can I save some money?
  • How do I plan my trip?

Therefore, we have compiled the following list of all the most commonly visited countries. We even got the option to buy vignettes or tags online easily for Austria, Switzerland, the Czech Republic, and Slovenia. This is just a rough and quick overview; the rules for individual countries can be very complicated indeed and sometimes hard to find. Where possible, a link is also provided to sites that should have up-to-date information on the subject. We would recommend checking this before you travel. We will, of course, keep this article updated as well. We have generally researched the information for these motorhomes and rigs:

  • Normal car towing a caravan up to 3.5 tonnes
  • Motorhome up to 3.5 tonnes
  • Motorhome over 3.5 tonnes


Kalimash tunnel toll on A1 motorway:

Passenger car with caravan€5
Motorhome 1.9-2.7m height€11.25
Motorhome over 2.7m€16.25


There are no tolls or other charges here.


Vehicles up to 3.5t

In Austria, motorways are tolled. Motor vehicles up to 3.5 tonnes require the purchase of a vignette. Trailers are not subject to the vignette requirement, even if the combination exceeds 3.5t – the weight of the towing vehicle is simply decisive. Vignette prices are updated annually and available at (Only German) or in English from our partner Mautwelt here.

1 day€8.60
10 days€11.50
2 months€28.90
The annual stamp is valid from 1 December of the previous year to the end of January of the following year

The stamp can be bought in paper form at border crossings, petrol stations, etc. Another option is to buy a vignette online here or directly from the official website (only German). But beware: under Austrian law, a digital vignette is only valid for 18 days from the date of purchase in the online shop. In the case of a purchase made under an “I.T.O.”, i.e. as an entrepreneur, the stamp is valid immediately. This option can be made on the second screen, where you can select the option ‘I am an entrepreneur' if you want the vignette to be valid as soon as possible. In this case, you do not have the option to withdraw from the purchase.

A special feature of Austria is that buying a vignette does not mean the end of all costs; in addition, most of the normal routes are tolled for tunnels, and the A13 motorway is tolled in its entirety – no vignette is needed to pass through such toll sections. As of 15 December 2019, some sections of the motorway near the German border are exempt from tolls. This applies to the A1 between the Walserberg and Salzburg-Nord exits, the A12 between the German border and the Kufstein-Süd exit and the A14 between the German border and the Hohenems exit (from December 2021). These sections are marked in blue on the map:

*- Tauern/Katschberg are two tunnels, each one costs €7

Bypassing the tunnels on unpaid roads often means taking a slow route with a lot of elevation gain, and these detours are unsuitable for trailers and often prohibit driving with a trailer heavier than 750kg.

Vehicles over 3.5t

Toll Box Photo on Windshield from Maut1

For motorhomes weighing more than 3.5t, a toll is payable. The rates depend on the number of axles and the emission standard. The payment is made via a “Go-Box” – which can be obtained at one of 180 stations in Austria and the border area and costs €5. We recommend buying the toll box from Maut1 instead. They even ship it directly to you, and you can drive to more countries than Austria (Italy, France, Spain and more). Both devices should be placed behind the windscreen. Depending on the vehicle category, the cost varies between 20 and 33 cents per kilometre.


Attention – pay close attention to the correct and complete registration of the Go Box, including its correct location in the vehicle. Mistakes are severely punished with fines of hundreds of euros.

More tunnels and roads

In Austria, there are also tolls for some individual roads and tunnels:

Felbertauern Tunnel – the last road link between East Tyrol and Salzburg, see more here

  • Cars/trailers and caravans up to 3.5t: €11
  • Motorhome, 2 axles/3 axles over 3.5t: €31/€46.50

A little further afield, the Tauern tunnel train service between Mölltal in Carinthia and the Gastein Valley in Salzburg operates as an alternative to the Tauern/Katschberg tunnels on the A10, detailed pricing can be found here.

  • Car with trailer: €32.50
  • Motorhome up to 3.5t/2 axles: €20.40
  • Motorhome over 3.5t or more than two axles: €60

There are also quite a number of Alpine toll roads in Austria, mostly of tourist attraction rather than traffic significance, here we list those that can shorten the journey – they are mostly only in operation outside the winter season:

  • Gerlos – €11
  • Grossglockner – €40
  • Nockalmstrasse, €21.50 for cars and trailers up to 3.5t, €27 over 3.5t, see more here
  • Silvretta: €18 for cars, motorhomes €25.50, see more here
  • Timmelsjoch: €18 up to 3.5t, €28 over, vehicles over 10m in length banned from Italy, see more here

Tip: many toll mountain roads offer free entry or a significant discount via one of the discount tourist cards.

A detailed description of prices for all mountain roads can be found in the article on


Only the Liefkenshoek tunnel is charged according to height, time, and payment method:

Vehicle typeCashCard
Less than 3m€7€5.6
3m and higher€22€19.9
3m and higher, 22:00-6:00€7€5.6

Bosnia and Herzagovina

Bosnia and Herzegovina has two toll systems for toll roads and motorways. One is on the A1 motorway under construction and the other on the E661. In other words, one toll system applies in the Republika Srpska and the other in the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, which are parts of the entity called Bosnia and Herzegovina.

However, there are not so many toll roads, as you can see from the following map:

Each toll road is highlighted

Vehicle categories for A1 – Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina (FBiH):

Category ITwo-axle vehicles with a height measured on the first axle of less than 1.3m (motorcycles, passenger cars with registration of up to 7 seats, and light vans with a permissible payload of up to 850 kg).
Category IIVehicles with two or more axles and a height measured on the first axle of 1.3m or more (the height of the vehicle above the first axle is the distance from the ground and the highest point of the vehicle in a plane perpendicular to the ground and passing through the axle of the front wheel) and include light vans with a permissible payload of more than 850 kg, multipurpose vans, passenger vehicles with a trailer, caravans with a height of 1. axles or more, light vans with a maximum permissible payload of up to 850 kg with a trailer for a caravan, double-axle vehicles as vans without a trailer, vehicles with a maximum permissible weight of up to 3,5t, and vehicles registered with more than 7 seats.
This category will include caravans with a caravan trailer and motorhomes up to 3.5t
Category IIIVehicles with two or three axles and a height, measured on the first axle, of more than 1.3m (light vans with a maximum payload of more than 850 kg with a trailer of 1.3m on the first axle, vans with a trailer or caravan with a total of three axles, buses without a trailer with two or three axles, vehicles with a maximum permissible weight of more than 3.5t, vehicles registered with more than 9 seats).
This category will include motorhomes over 3.5t
Category IVVehicles with four or more axles and a height measured on the first axle of more than 1.3m (lorries with or without a trailer with four or more axles, tractors with a semi-trailer, buses with or without a trailer with four or more axles, vans with a trailer or caravans with a total of four or more axles, vehicles with a maximum permissible weight of more than 3.5t, vehicles registered with more than 9 seats).

Vehicle categories on E661 – Republika Srpska (RS)

Price list

Fees – prices are in KM, Bosnian Convertible Marks. 1KM is equivalent to about €.50, so just divide the price by two and you get the price in Euros. Rigs and motorhomes will be mostly Category II on A1, in FBiH, while on Republika Srpska, rigs will still be Category II, but motorhomes will move to Category III.

SectionLength KMIIIIIIIV
FBiH: Svilaj47€1.20€2.50€3.50€5
FBiH: Zenica – Sarejevo North64€7€14€21€28
FBiH: Sarajevo Zapad – Tarcin24€2.50€5€7.50€10
FBiH: Medjugorje – Ljubuški7€1.20€2.50€4€5
RS: Banja Luka – Gradisk33€2.50€5€7€12
RS: Banja Luka – Doboj76€7€14€21€35
Sources: Pricelists of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina
Pricelists Republic of Serbia


Vehicles up to 3.5t

In Bulgaria, vehicles up to 3.5t can use national roads and motorways only after purchasing an electronic vignette. A combination with a maximum weight of up to 3.5t needs only one vignette. If the sum of the maximum weights of the vehicles and the trailer is above 3.5t, an additional vignette is needed for the trailer.

7 days€13
1 month€27
3 months€48
12 months€87
Saturday and Sunday€9

You can purchase an electronic vignette up to 30 days before the validity date at

Vehicles over 3.5t

The payment options for this toll are either via the GNSS on-board unit, via GPS or via a so-called track ticket. Detailed information on this can be found here. The price list by distance is as follows:

MotorhomeEmissionsPrice per KMPrice per KM 1st classPrice per KM 2nd class
Over 3.5t up to 12tEuro V€0.03€0.040
Euro VI€0.03€0.040
Over 12tEuro V€0.07€0.060
Euro VI€0.06€0.050
Source here

Toll for bridges and ferries

In addition, there are special tolls for ferries and Danube bridges, especially on the border with Romania. We also include the price for a minibus in the table because some travellers report that they were charged this amount with a motorhome. Moreover, the information on the website is often very old and so it cannot be guaranteed that the prices are actually up to date:

Giurgiu Bridge – Rousse€3€3€3€3
Calafat Bridge – Vidin€6€6€6
Ferry Bechet-Oreahovo€12€20€12€30
Ferry Turnu Măgurele – Nikopol€11€17€11€33
Ferry Zimnicea – Svishtov*€8€20€8/€28€28
Ferry Calarasi – Silistra€10€15€10€37
*plus €2 per person


In Croatia, almost all motorway sections are subject to distance-based tolls. However, there is also the possibility of using electronic toll booths, in which case discounts are offered. Prices depend on the length of the route and the height, weight, and number of axles of the vehicle. Caravans and motorhomes up to 3.5t fall into Group 2:

You can use this tolls calculator to work out the exact prices in Istria, the price list for other motorways can be found on the website: Roughly speaking, you can expect to pay 10 cents per km for a Category II vehicle.

For the approximately 5 km long Ucka tunnel, which is located on the A8 motorway (Rovinj – Rijeka), there are extra charges, for a rig and a caravan it is about €6.10-€6.70.

How can I save money? – You can definitely save money by getting an ENC box from maut1. The procedure for getting one is described for caravanners up tp 3,5t in this article: How to get an ENC toll box in Croatia.

Czech Republic

Vehicles up to 3.5t

An electronic tag is required for the use of motorways and expressways. No tag is required for a trailer, even if the sum of the weights exceeds the 3.5t limit.

1 day€8
10 days€10.60
30 days€17
365 days€90
Duration of tag from
Map of Toll Roads in Czech Republic

Vehicles over 3.5t

For vehicles weighing more than 3.5t, a distance-based toll is charged electronically. Apart from motorways, some first-class roads are also tolled. You must obtain a toll unit and choose one of the payment methods – pre-pay or post-pay. The advance payment for the toll unit is €98 and a minimum prepayment of approx. €40 is required. The car will be registered as a truck. A list of distribution points is available here.

MotorhomePrice per KM
Price per KM
1st Class Road
Euro VI, 2 axles, up to 7.5t€0.002€0.001
Euro VI, 3 axles, up to 7.5t€0.003€0.002
Euro V, 2 axles, up to 7.5t€0.002€0.001
Euro V, 3 axles, up to 7.5t€0.003€0.002
Euro 0-4, 2 axles, up to 7.5t€0.002€0.002
Table of Prices per KM on Czech Republic Roads for Trucks over 3.5t

More information can be found here.


There are no tolls or motorway charges in Denmark, as long as your motorhome does not exceed 12t. In these cases, you need to buy a Eurovignette. The exceptions are the Storebaelt and Øresund bridges.

Storebaelt Bridge

Type of vehicleNormal pricePrice after discount
Car up to 6m, below 2.7m height
Car with trailer€55€39
Car over 6m, under 2.7m in height€63€39
Motorhome between 6-10m in length, up to 3.5t€81€77
Motorhome between 6-10m in length, over 3.5t€81€77

Øresund Bridge

Type of vehicleNormal pricePrice after discountPrice via web
Car up to 6m€55€24€53
Car with trailer€111€49€106
Motorhome between 6-10m in lenth€111€49€106

The procedure for obtaining discounts is described on the individual bridge pages. It is also possible to get discounts through the toll box, which is especially necessary for driving in Norway. Depending on the payment method, you are placed in the desired lane: fully automatic payment (green), self-service (blue), or personal service (yellow).


Estonia has a toll obligation for vehicles weighing more than 3.5t. Residential vehicles are exempt from any charges.


You can use the Finnish road network without tolls and without a vignette. This also applies to short ferry crossings, known as “Lossi. For more information about these ferries, please visit this website.


In France, you have to pay a toll. Almost all motorways and some bridges and tunnels are tolled. The cost is around €0.10 to €0.18 per kilometre. Motorways in France are not operated by one company but by different companies, each of which sets individual prices. Tolls are calculated on the basis of the route travelled and the category of vehicle. They are most often paid at the exit of the motorway, but payments before entering or continuously on the motorway are also used. Note also the new A79 motorway; here a free-flow system is introduced and payment must be made outside the traditional toll booths.

Vehicle categories:

So, for example, a vehicle will fall into Category 2 with a kit, just as it would with flatbeds, semi-integrated wagons, and full-integrated wagons – as long as they do not exceed 3m in height and 3.5t in weight. Motorhomes over 3.5t will fall into Category 3. As a rough guide, Category 2 is typically 50-60% more expensive than driving a conventional passenger car (Category 1) and Category 3 is again 50-60% more expensive, more than double in total. For example, a journey from the German border, from Mulhouse to the Spanish border will cost around €83 in Category 1, but in Category 2 it is already €126 and Category 3 then comes to €170.

Important to know: all permanent structures are included in the height calculation (e.g. air conditioning or sleeping body structures), but not antennas or roof racks.

In addition to the detailed toll calculator, you can also use the map with marked toll and toll-free routes as a PDF to download and print from the Frankreich-info website. The prices shown are for Category 1, so expect to pay 50-60% more for Category 2, and double plus 10% for Category 3. The map is a bit older.

Source: Frankreich info

Toll boothes

If you are traveling in France for a long time and would like to save yourself the sometimes long queues at toll booths, you can order a Liber-t Box. Toll payments are automatically recorded by a small box behind the windscreen. The Liber-t Box is for vehicles up to 3.5t and 3m high. Vehicles that weigh more than 3.5t and are taller than 3m require a box from TIS-PL.

A slightly cheaper alternative to the Liber-t Box is bipandgo – you pay €1.70 per month of use plus the appropriate toll. The price for buying a box is €20.

Tunnel and bridge tolls

For toll payment, the same categorisation as on motorways is generally used, i.e. for caravanners, Classe 2 or Classe 3 comes into play.

Tunnel under Mont Blanc – the price varies slightly depending on whether you enter from the Italian or French side. Caravanners are particularly concerned with the Classe 2 column, so the price is around €69 for a single journey or €87 for a return.


Prices of other tunnels and bridges in France:

LocationCategory 2Category 3
Maurice Lemaire tunnel€10.30€18.30
Tunnel de Poymorens€15.50€25.30
Prado Sud Marseille Tunnel€2.50€2.50
Prado Carenage Marseille Tunnel€3.10€3.10
Tancarville Bridge€3.40€4.10
Millau* Bridge€15.10/€18.60€33.80
Ile de Re* Bridge€8/€16€18
Normandie Bridge€6.70€7.30
*more expensive between the dates 15.6 to 15.9 for Millau, 20.6 -11.9 for Ile de Re

Ecological vignette

In addition, an eco-stamp is mandatory for entry into some towns and areas. It is not expensive and is assigned on the basis of the emission class of the vehicle.

Blind spot for vehicles over 3.5t

As of 1 January 2021, vehicles with a maximum permissible weight of more than 3.5t are required in France to have ‘blind spots' marked on the vehicle in such a way as to maximise visibility, particularly for cyclists, pedestrians and users of private vehicles, and to be visible from the sides and rear of the vehicle. The Regulation also applies to vehicles registered abroad.


You don't need a vignette in Germany either, and there are no tolls. But beware, a corresponding ecological plaque is required to enter some urban areas.


In Greece, tolls are paid for the use of motorways and some tunnels, bridges and expressways, but the situation is a little more opaque than in other countries. There are several different companies involved in motorway operation and toll collection. The toll booths are most often pass-through, i.e. they are located directly on the motorway. Toll charges can usually be paid by card or always in cash, always take change with you. The amount depends on the number and number of axles, the height of the vehicle and the distance travelled:

2Cars and vans up to 2.2 meters high
3Buses and trucks with 2 to 3 axles and a height over 2.2 meters – most caravans are likely to fall into this category, as well as motorhomes
4Trucks with 4 or more axles and a height of more than 2.2 meters

A different classification applies for the Athens bypass:

2Cars with a height of less than 1.3m on the front axle and trailers with a height of less than 1.3m on the third axle;
Light commercial vehicles with a height above 1.3m on the front axle and below 2.7m overall height;
Combinations with a towing vehicle lower than 1.3m on the front axle and a trailer higher than 1.3m – this will include most trailers and some motorhomes (up to 2.7m)
Minivans with more than 1.3 m front axle height and up to 15 seats
3Vehicles with up to 3 axles and over 2.7m in height and more than 15 seats – unfortunately this is where most motorhomes fall
4Vehicles with more than 4 axles and over 2.7m in height

Here is a clear map of the individual toll plazas (not all of them), but for higher motorhomes, multiply the amounts given by roughly 2.5. The amounts are given for Class 2, motorhomes fall into Class 3. In addition, the map is from 2021, some of the amounts have increased by about 5-10 cents for 2022, and the pricing for 2024 was not known at the time of writing:

Please note: it is possible that some toll booths have been added on motorways – it is difficult to keep the list up to date. Here is a rough overview of the toll routes.

Bridges and Tunnels

The cost of using the Rio-Andirrio Bridge, which crosses the Gulf of Corinth, is:

  • For cars (with trailer) up to 2 metres €13.50
  • For cars with a trailer higher than 2 metres €20.30. This category also includes motorhomes

Preveza Tunnel – a caravan or a motorhome up to 2.7m will pay €3, a motorhome over 2.7m will pay €7.50

More information can be found here.


Motorways and selected expressways in Hungary are toll roads and require an electronic vignette. It is advisable to purchase the vignette online, preferably in an official shop, and use the following towing vehicle TP to select the vignette:

  • Vehicle category – box J
  • Number of seats – box S1
  • Vehicle weight – box F1

Use this information to determine the required grade as follows:

Vehicle category
Number of seats
F1 (kg)
Vehicle weight
M1Up to and including 7Up to and including 3.5tD1
M1More than 7UndecidedD2
M1UndecidedMore than 3.5tD2
N1UndecidedUp to and including 3.5t (already determined by category)D2


  • If the towing vehicle requires a D1 tag, you do not need to buy a tag for the trailer.
  • If the towing vehicle requires a D2 mark, you must buy a U mark for the trailer.

Note: many shops will force you to get a D2 tag for the motorhome. If it's an M1, up to 3.5t, and up to seven seats, you only need a D1. The D2 stamp is then for motorhomes over 3.5t. This is explained in more detail, including confirmation from the Hungarian authorities, in the article: Hungary – D1 or D2 for motorhomes?

Here is the price list of stamps in forints, 1000 forints is approximately €2.60:

Stamp10 days1 monthCalendar year
Price list of Hungarian stamps for 2024 in forints, annual stamp valid until 31.1.2024

More information at


You can use the road network without tolls and without a vignette.


In Italy, tolls apply mainly to motorways, known as “autostrada”. These are to be distinguished from expressways, called ‘superstrada' or ‘strada extraurbana principale', which are similar to motorways but can be used free of charge. In road traffic, the two types of roads can be easily distinguished. While the free routes are marked with a blue sign, the toll roads have a green sign. They also differ in the maximum speed limit, with the toll motorway usually allowing up to 130 km/h, and the superhighway only 110 km/h. Locally, the limits may be different.

Motorhomes are usually Class B, where the fees are only slightly higher than for Class A, but unfortunately, rigs fall into Class 3, which is about 50% more expensive. If you want to know exactly how much the fees are for your chosen route, you can use this tolls calculator to find out (in Italian/English).

When entering a toll motorway, drivers receive a ticket. Payment is then made at the toll booths on the exit. It is possible to pay by card, but sometimes cash is needed. Get into the correct lane at the toll station early:

  • White bar (personal) – cash, debit and credit cards, Viacard
  • White bar (machine) – cash, EC and credit cards, Viacard
  • Blue bar (machine) – EC and credit cards, Viacard
  • Yellow bar (machine) – exclusive for Telepass

Things to watch out for:

  • Do not attempt to reverse out of the lane, or to swerve or move from lane to lane. The fine is up to €6,000.
  • In the case of unattended automated withdrawals, your payment may not be accepted. In this case, the barrier will be raised but a ticket will come out of the machine with details of your vehicle, the distance travelled and the amount to be paid within 15 days.
  • On the A36 motorway (“Pedemontana”) near Milan, the exception is the “Free Flow” system. This means that passing vehicles are automatically registered and the toll is calculated on the basis of the registration number (or, in the old way, the national number plate or, in the new way, the registration plate). It must be paid again within 15 days. You can pay via their app or at service points, a list of payment methods is here.

Remember that the toll owed must be paid within 15 days (!) or face heavy fines (up to €340).

Tip: you can get a payment box, see the best boxes here.

Or simply inform yourself and get a toll box from, drive past the traffic at the toll stations, and arrive at your holiday destination faster.


To enter Milan, Bologna and Palermo, you have to pay an entry fee, and entry is generally restricted to vehicles meeting Euro 4 and above for diesel engines. Due to the complications, entry by van or motorhome into these zones is not recommended.


Although Kosovo has no charges for using roads and motorways, most drivers have to buy insurance at the border. Vehicle insurance common elsewhere in Europe, known as green cards, does not apply in Kosovo. Therefore, you need to pay for insurance at the border when entering the country. Points of sale at the border are open 24 hours:

I'm not sure which category applies to motorhomes and cars with trailers – at least for motorhomes the Special Vehicles category should apply.

Highways in Kosovo are generally built in such a way as to allow for toll booths at exits, so it is possible that they will be tolled in the future.


You can drive your caravan and kit on Lithuanian roads without tolls or vignettes. In Lithuania, tolls are charged on vehicles over 3.5 tonnes, except for motorhomes.

Neringa National Park

Entrance to the Neringa National Park is subject to a fee. The price per kit or motorhome is €15 to €30 depending on the season, see attached table. The amount must be paid at the checkpoint in Alksnynė, on the 10km road, in Nidos (payment by card), or online via the app available here.


Driving on the roads is free for motorhomes and caravans. Motorhomes are exempt from tolls for vehicles over 3.5t.


Between 1 April and 30 September, a €2 fee is charged for entering Jurmala. If you are coming from the east (Riga), pay at the toll booth in Priedaine. If you are coming from the west (Tukums), pay at the toll station in Vaivari. The toll can be paid at a machine by credit card or by a mobile app (downloadable from


You can use the Luxembourg motorway and expressway network free of charge.


In Macedonia, you have to pay tolls to use the motorways. Payment is made at toll stations located on the motorway, i.e. not at the exits. Payment can be made in the local currency, the Macedonian dinar MKD, or in euros – payment in euros is usually slightly less convenient (100 MKD = €1.62). You can also pay by credit card. Vehicles are divided into four categories for toll purposes:

IBMotor vehicles with two axles up to a height of 1.3 meters above the front axle (cars, jeeps, and small vans):
IIMotor vehicles with more than two axles and up to a height of 1.3 meters above the front axle of the motor vehicle This category includes most combinations with caravans (if the car of the combination meets the height condition)
IIIMotor vehicles with two or three axles and a height above the front axle of more than 1.3 meters (typically trucks and buses) – this category includes motorhomes
IVMotor vehicles with more than three axles and a height above the front axle of more than 1.3 meters (trucks with trailers – trailers and buses with trailers)

The price will then be based on the distance traveled – the fee is payable at each toll gate along the way. The fees in the table below are given in local currency: 100 Macedonian Denar = €1.60

Toll stationSectionIAIBIIIIIIV
RomanovsBoth directions406080150220
PetrovecBoth directions204050100150
SopotVeles – Petrovec5080120220330
OtovicaVeles – Petrovec5080120220330
StobiBoth directions4060100180260
MiladinovciBoth directions204060100150
TetovoBoth directions20304080110
GostivarBoth directions20304080110
GlumovoBoth directions204060110160
ZhelinoBoth directions204060110160
Demir KapijaBoth directions5080130230340
GevgelijaBoth directions60100160290430
KadrifakovoBoth directions305080150220
PreodBoth directions4070100180270
MiravciDirection Demir Kapija306090160240
MiravciDirection Gevgelija305070130190
SmokvicaDirection Gevgelija (Řecko)20305090140
SmokvicaDirection Demir Kapija4070110200290

Unfortunately, the exact maps of the stations are missing, even the official website does not have a clear description and map. For a crossing from the Serbian border to Greece, we can estimate the price for a car with a caravan to be around 410 MKD, and the price for a motorhome 800 MKD, i.e. €6.6 and €13.

More information is available here.


In Malta, you do not need a vignette and there are no tolls.


You will only see road user charges in a few places – on the new section of the A1 motorway (opening July 2022), the Sozina tunnel, when paying for the ferry across the Bay of Kotor, and smaller amounts may also be charged for driving on some of the national park roads (see the National Parks chapter in the article on scenic routes in Montenegro – on the map below, the parks are highlighted in red – the charges will not apply to the main roads, of course, but overnight fees may be charged, etc.):

Vehicles in Montenegro are classified into five categories for toll purposes on the motorway and in the Sozina tunnel. A car with a trailer and a height above the front axle of less than 1.3 m or with a height of less than 1.9 m, as well as a regular caravan of up to 3.5 t, are classified in Category III. A motor car over 3.5t and a higher car up to 3.5t with a trailer (over 1.9m high) are in Category IV.

Category I is motorcycles, and Category II is ordinary passenger cars. A more detailed overview can be found here:

A1 Motorway

Four toll gates are in operation so far, Smokovac and Mateševo toll gates are the outermost ones. A ticket must be taken at the entrance and paid at the exit according to the distance traveled. You can also pay by card, there is also a toll unit available, but it is probably not worth it for caravanners. The published price list (see image below) can then be used to determine these charges per section, all prices in €:

Category III

SmokovacPelev BrijegVerušaMateševo
Pelev Brijeg2.51.03.5

Category IV

SmokovacPelev BrijegVerušaMateševo
Pelev Brijeg4.51.56.0
Smokovac toll road price list:

Sozina Tunnel

A car with a trailer and a motorhome up to 3.5t is classified as Category III. A motorhome over 3.5t and a higher car up to 3.5t with a trailer (over 1.90) are in Category IV. More detailed information is found here.

  • Category III – €5
  • Category IV – €10

Bay of Kotor

Using this ferry is not strictly necessary, the alternative is a rather lengthy detour around the bay by road. The ferry operates 24 hours a day, with a waiting time of about 15 minutes. Payment is possible by cash or card on the spot, and cannot be bought in advance. From mid-July to mid-August waiting times can be long, it is recommended to arrive early in the morning (before 8:30) or late in the afternoon. For more information visit here, prices are as follows:

  • Car with a trailer – €9.30
  • Motorhome up to 5t – €10.50
  • Motorhome over 5t – €14.50


In the Netherlands, there are tolls for the Westerschelde tunnel from Terneuzen to Ellewoutsdijk and for the Kil tunnel from ‘s-Gravendeel to Dordrecht.

Westerschelde Tunnel – There are five categories. Short caravans under 6m and 3m high belong to Category 1, trailers and most of the caravans belong to Category 2, and long trailers and alcoves with a height over 3m, unfortunately, belong to category 3. More information is here.

Kil Tunnel – Up to a height of 2.3m costs €2, above 2.3m is €5. Payment is possible by cash or card. For more information visit


In Norway, the use of many roads, tunnels and bridges is tolled, as is the entrance to some cities. So you will pay:

  • For passing certain roads, there are about 200 toll stations
  • For entering the environmental zones of cities (Oslo, Bergen, Trondheim, etc.)

There are also private roads, marked “Bomvei” or “Bomveg”, and the fee for using them is usually in cash.

Automated payment is made either by recording the registration number of the vehicle, or by using chips/boxes if they are in the vehicle (Bizz, Brikke. OBE). In the case of a chip, you will be billed through your customer account, and you can also get discounts through various contracts. In the case of a registration plate, a bill will be sent by post to the vehicle owner's address from EPASS24.

However, it is generally not advisable to rely on registration via the vehicle registration plate, as in this case you are always charged the highest toll rate without any discounts and without taking into account the actual emission standard (environmental load) of your vehicle.

Rented motorhomes over 3.5t and or motorhomes over 3.5t used for commercial purposes must have a chip and contract. If you have a motorhome over 3.5t, even if privately registered, it is advisable to have a chip and a contract too – you will then be charged for what is called Rate Group 1. If you don't do this, you will automatically fall into Rate Group 2 and a worse emission class – the tolls here are noticeably higher.

So it makes sense to get an AutoPass automatic payment system. This toll box can also be used to pay bridge tolls in Sweden and Denmark and to get other discounts, especially on ferries.

More information is available here:


Poland has a rapidly growing network of motorways and express ways, unfortunately it is not very friendly for caravan fans and if such a rig exceeds 3.5t (the sum of the maximum allowed weights, not the instantaneous ones) it means more toll roads and higher fees.

Vehicles and trailers over 3.5t

For motorhomes over 3.5t and for combinations with a maximum permissible weight of over 3.5t (e.g. a combination of a car with a weight of 2.4t and a trailer of 1,.2t), the e-Toll system is mandatory. Tolls are then paid not only for motorways but also for most expressways. Unfortunately, this system is extremely unfriendly for owners of rigs with a combined weight of over 3.5t.

A Euro 56 vehicle in a rig over 3.5t with a trailer will pay:

  • 0.24 zlotys per kilometer of motorway
  • 0.20 zlotys per kilometer of an expressway

See more here:

e-Toll roads for vehicles and trailers over 3.5t

Vehicles and trailers over 3.5t

Motorhomes up to 3.5t and trailers up to 3.5t only pay tolls on motorways. But even here it is not easy. There is a distinction between:

  • Publicly financed motorways – A2 Konin-Stryków and A4 Bielany Wrocławskie-Sośnica motorways, expressways and main roads
  • Privately financed motorways, the so-called concession motorways – A1, A2 Świecko-Konin and A4 Katowice-Krakow

On publicly funded motorways, tolls are collected via the free-flow eToll system, but conditions vary on private motorways. You will notice that on some motorways you will find both payment methods.

The map shows the toll roads for vehicles with a maximum permissible weight up to 3.5t
Blue denotes toll roads with the possibility of payment from toll gates
Green denotes roads with free flow system with payment via mobile app

Public sections – free flow

The toll rate is 0.1 zloty per kilometre. Examples of prices for full sections:

  • For A2, Konin-Strykow (99 km), 9.90 zlotys
  • For A4, Bielany Wrocławskie – Sośnica (162 km), 16.20 zlotys

Private sections

Vehicles are divided into five categories, with a motorhome with two axles (and no double axle) falling into category 1, and caravans into category 2 (2a).

A1 – A car will most often belong to category 1 (0.16 PLN/km), and a van to category 2a (0.38 PLN/km). Driving the entire toll section will cost PLN 30 in category 1 and PLN 71 in category 2.


A2 – The paid part is from the German border, driving the whole paid section (255 km) in category 1 costs 93 zlotys, in category 2,151 zlotys.


A4 – The Katowice-Krakow section is private, driving the entire toll section (255 km) in category 1 costs 24 zlotys, in category 2 it costs 44 zlotys.

More information can be found here.


Most motorways and expressways, as well as some tunnels and bridges in Portugal, are tolled. In addition, there are two types of tolls or motorways: those where the toll is paid “conventionally” at a tollbooth and those with electronic tolls. These routes are marked with the notice “Electronic tolls only”. On the map below, the classic motorways are in grey, and the electronic toll roads are in red.

The vehicles are divided into 4 categories according to the height above the front axle and the number of axles:

1Cars with a height above the front axle of up to 1.1m – this includes caravan combinations
2Vehicles with two axles and a height above the front axle of more than 1.1 – this usually includes motorhomes
3Vehicles with three axles and a height above the front axle of more than 1.1
4Vehicles with four axles and a height above the front axle of more than 1.1


Tollbooth – On motorways with toll booths, a ticket is usually taken on entry and then paid on exit, either in cash or by card. However, card payment is often said to be impossible on some motorways, e.g. A7, A8, A11, A15, A17 (south of Mira).

Electronic payments –

  • EasyToll – registration of the payment card to the vehicle registration plate. It is suitable for shorter stays, you need to go to the Welcome Point near the toll motorway and enter your registration number and pair it with the payment card. There is a toll and an administration fee of €0.32 per route traveled, plus a one-off activation fee of €0.74. You can avoid searching for a registration point by registering online.
  • Toll Card – prepaid cards in values of €5, €10, €20, and €40, valid for one year. They can be purchased online or at post office branches (CTT) and service points on motorways with electronic tolls. Activation is done by sending an SMS with the vehicle registration number. The toll is accompanied by a one-off activation fee of €0.74 and an administrative fee of €0.36 per route traveled.
  • Toll Service – a card for unlimited use for 3 days for €20, available only for Class 1 and 2 vehicles.

You can consider purchasing a ViaVerde toll box – this can be used to pay both on motorways with electronic toll collection and on motorways with conventional toll collection. The paired payment card (Mastercard, Visa) is charged with the toll, this box costs €4.99 for the first month and €1.25 for each additional month. It is available at Via Verde petrol stations and online and is not linked to the car registration number.

Exact toll prices can be calculated on the website:

Please note: Various websites state that if you stay longer than 12 hours between two toll stations (e.g. for an overnight stay), you may have to pay double the toll for the longest possible route.

A detailed map of the Portuguese road network can be found here as a pdf document.

More information can be found here:


In Romania, there is an electronic vignette for national roads and motorways, which can be purchased for a certain period of time, and cars with trailers and motorhomes belong to category A. The stamp is only required for a motor vehicle, so there is no charge for a trailer.

7 days30 days90 days12 months
Price list for category A

The stamp is available at border crossings and petrol stations and can also be purchased online here.

In addition, there are special tolls for ferries and Danube bridges, especially on the border with Bulgaria. We also include the price for a minibus in the table because some travellers report that they were charged this amount with a motorhome. Moreover, the information on the web is often very old and so it cannot be guaranteed that the prices are actually up to date:

LocationPrice car €Car with trailer €Motorhome €Minibus
Giurgiu – Rousse (RO-BG) Bridge3333
Calafat – Vidin (RO-BG) Bridge666
Fetesti – Cernavoda (RO-RO) Bridge2.602.602.60
Giurgeni – Vadu Oii (RO-RO) Bridge2.202.202.20
Bechet-Oreahovo Ferry12201230
Turnu Măgurele – Nikopol Ferry11171133
Zimnicea – Svishtov* Ferry4/812/1388
Calarasi – Silistra Ferry15211537
*) the rate for cars with 5 seats or more is differentiated

A basic map of roads and motorways is shown in the following pictures:

More information can be found here.

By the way. Are you looking to rent a motorhome or a caravan in Romania? RV Bazar is a progressive site where the choice is nice across Romania.


The use of Slovak motorways and expressways requires a vignette for vehicles up to 3.5t and for all vehicles in the M1 category. As motorhomes generally fall into the M1 category, motorhomes over 3.5t also require a vignette. Motorhomes in the M1 category therefore never pay a toll but always need a vignette, regardless of weight.

But be careful with caravans! If the combination does not exceed 3.5t (the sum of the maximum permissible total weight of the towing vehicle and trailer), only one vignette is needed, and that for the car. However, if the maximum permissible gross weight of the combination exceeds 3.5t, you must purchase an additional vignette for the trailer – so two vignettes are required for such a combination.

10 days30 days365 days
Price list

In total, there are 550km of motorways and 296km of expressways in Slovakia. Some of them are in operation with only half the profile, see this map:

In Slovakia, the ferry across the Váh River near Strecno is open from March to November during the day. This is more of a tourist attraction than a necessary connection. The price list is as follows:

Car with caravan plus driver€7.50
Motorhome plus driver€7.50
Person over 3 years€0.50


Vehicles up to 3.5t

In Slovenia, this motorway vignette is compulsory for all two-track vehicles up to 3.5t. These are divided into two classes:

  • Class 2A: Height below the first axle is <1.30m, including trailers, so most caravans and even motorhomes will fall into this category regardless of height.
  • Class 2B: Height above the first axle is >1.30m (with or without trailer), but beware, except for motorhomes – they always fall into 2A! If you have a van that does not meet the definition of a motorhome, you will fall into this category with a few exceptions.

Attention vans – the Slovenian administrator has issued a list of vehicles that fall under 2B, download this guide at this address. Check this list before buying, details are on this page.

Validity2A €2B €
7 days1632
30 days3264.10
365 days117.50235
Slovenia Table of Tools for Campervans in different categories

Be careful with motorhomes – the vehicle must be listed as a motorhome on the documents. If it is not obvious at first glance that the car is a motorhome, we recommend you carry a copy of the registration document.

From the beginning of 2022, there is only an electronic vignette. It can be obtained here online at Mautwelt or on this page. You choose the start date of validity at the time of purchase and it can be postponed up to 30 days from the date of purchase. For example, an annual vignette is valid for 12 months from the desired date, e.g. from 21 March 2023 to 20 March 2024 inclusive.

You can also buy a stamp at physical locations, typically petrol stations and others – here you tell the operator which stamp you want to buy (2A or 2B), the length of validity, the start of validity, and the country where the vehicle is registered and the registration mark of the vehicle. In both cases, i.e. when buying in the shop and online, check the details carefully – the responsibility is yours. Trailers towed by a vehicle with a maximum permissible weight of 3.5t inclusive do not require an additional vignette.

The journey through the Karavanke Tunnel is not included in the price of the vignette. You can therefore drive through the tunnel without a Slovenian or Austrian stamp between the St.Jakob im Rosental (Austria) and Jesenice (Slovenia), the price for the passage is €7.80 – this is a uniform rate for all vehicles up to 3.5t, including any trailer.

Vehicles over 3.5t

Vehicles over 3.5t must pay a toll depending on the mileage, number of axles, and emission standard. You can get it online or at DARS petrol stations. All questions about this are answered on this page.

  • The journey from the Šentilj crossing (Austria) to Gruškovje (Croatia) costs €8 for a caravan with two axles and EURO VI
  • The route from Šentilj to Koper is about €37 – this is a crossing of the whole of Slovenia


Motorways and expressways in Serbia are subject to tolls. There are two different payment options: either you take a ticket at the on-ramp and pay in cash or by credit card at the end, or you can get ETC boxes and pay electronically.

The cost of tolls depends on the route and the class of vehicle. For residential vehicles, these two classes are the most common:

  • Class 2 – trailers and caravans up to 3.5t
  • Class 3 – motorhomes over 3.5t

Approximate prices for transit through Serbia are as follows:

RouteClass 2Class 3
Via Serbia to Macedonia (direction Greece), Subotica – Preševo€28€55
Via Serbia to Bulgaria, Subotica – Dimitrovgrad€25.50€50
Via Serbia to Montenegro, Subotica – Preljina€14€27.50

A detailed toll calculator and an overview of vehicle classes are available on this website. For quick orientation, these pictures, a graphical breakdown into classes, and a map of motorways with toll points are also useful.


Many motorways in Spain are toll roads. The toll sections are marked “AP”(Autopistas). You can either pay conventionally at the toll stations (cash or credit card) or automatically using the “VIA-T-Box“. The toll is calculated according to the distance traveled and the category of vehicle:

LigerosVehicles with up to 3 axles, without dual tires, i.e. trailers and motorhomes without dual tires
Pesados 1Vehicles with up to 3 axles with double tires, i.e. caravans with double tires or a combination with a trailer with two axles
Pesados 2Vehicles with 4 or more axles

A list of all toll routes, including current prices, can be downloaded from the website; fortunately, there aren't many toll motorways in Spain:



Two tunnels in the south-eastern part of Spain are tolled. Túnel de Vallvidrera near Barcelona and Túnel del Cadí near Andorra. The tunnels are part of toll motorways, so tolls can be paid manually at toll gates or via the Via-T system. The division is similar to that of motorways, but there are 4 categories. Again, normal trailers and motorhomes fall into the normal price category, here designated as Category 2 (corresponding to the Ligeros category on motorways).

Special feature: eco-zones in Barcelona and Madrid

Two major cities, Madrid and Barcelona, have introduced environmental zones with restrictions on certain vehicles. In the case of Barcelona, you have to register and, of course, comply with the conditions before entering the zone. See this link for more information.

Madrid is divided into different ecological zones.

  • The centre is a zero-emission zone and includes the Embajadores, Palacio, Justicia, Sol, Universidad, Cortes. You can recognise this zone by the 10km red double line. In addition, the ZE logo is painted on the roadways and the corresponding signage
  • There is a temporary low-emission zone around the center (inside and on the M-30 ring road) with temporary driving bans and other restrictions. This temporary zone is scheduled to become permanent in 2025.
  • Another temporary low emission zone runs around the two previous areas. This includes 21 urban areas outside the M-30 ring road and, again, restrictions here are subject to the current situation.

If you want to visit Madrid or Barcelona, it's easiest to park your motorhome outside or at a campsite and use public transport.


Motorways and other roads are mostly toll-free, with the exception of some bridges and city entrances. The Eurovignette electronic toll system is for vehicles weighing more than 12t. There is a charge for using the Öresund Bridge, which connects the Danish capital Copenhagen with Malmö in Sweden. See the section on Denmark for more information.

Bridge tolls are also paid in Motala and Sundsvall – you can find out the current toll on the Swedish Transport Authority's website. For rigs and motorhomes up to and over 3.5t respectively it is:

  • Motala 5 SEK / 11 SEK
  • Sundsvall: 9 SEK / 20 SEK

City tolls

In addition, Stockholm (including the Essingeleden bypass) and Gothenburg levy an inner city toll, the so-called “City-Maut” It is payable on weekdays between 6:00 and 18:29 and is intended to relieve traffic in the city center, especially at rush hour. Payment is by invoice (see information on Norway, Epass24). The price for vehicles up to 14t is SEK 9.16 or 22 depending on the time of entry in Gothenburg, and SEK 11-45 in Stockholm. Which charges apply at which times can also be found on the transport authority's website.


Vehicles up to 3.5t

Motor vehicles weighing up to 3.5t need a vignette when using the motorway. This also applies to combinations consisting of a motor vehicle up to 3.5t and a trailer; this combination needs two vignettes, one for the car and one for the trailer. There is only one vignette, an annual one, priced at CHF 40 (approx. €38.50), valid from 1 December of the previous year to 31 January of the following year. The stamp can be bought at petrol stations, post offices, garages, TCS offices, customs or online (the stamp will be delivered physically by post by electronic stamp Switzerland does not yet have one).

Important: Trailers and caravans weighing up to 3.5 tonnes when towed by a vehicle requiring a vignette require their own vignette.

An electronic vignette was introduced during 2023. However, this will still be annual.

Vehicles over 3.5t

Residential vehicles (meaning both cars and trailers) weighing more than 3.5t are subject to a so-called flat-rate heavy vehicle charge (abbreviated PSVA), and this charge is required for the use of Swiss roads in general, not just motorways. In short, you must pay it if you want to enter Switzerland with a motorhome over 3.5t.

This fee can be paid in two ways :

  • for 1 to 30 consecutive days
  • for 10 free optional days within 1 year (please remember to confirm or enter before joining and every day thereafter!)
  • for 1 to 11 consecutive months
  • for 1 year

The fee is CHF 3.25 per day, CHF 58.50 per month or CHF 650 per year, you can also pay a package of 10 days in which you will drive on the roads (the dates are then filled in). To enter you need this proof of payment, it can be paid at customs. After payment, the officials will issue you with a certificate, the so-called “declaration”. If you are checked later, you must show exactly this document. If the border crossing is unmanned, there is usually a board with a free phone number. The border guard on the other end of the phone will tell you where to find the nearest PSVA outlet. This is usually a post office or petrol station. If they check you on the way to the dealership, that's not a problem either, your call has been recorded and is used to possibly prove that you have registered or want to register your vehicle for payment.

Recommendation: Buy your vignette online at our partner Mautwelt (pick the 3,5t version), or you can use this app to arrange everything in peace before entering and pay the fee via mobile phone.

Exception: if you own a vintage car with more than 3.5t and RZ H or 07, you can drive through Switzerland for free thanks to the “veteran status”!


In addition to motorways, some road sections, especially tunnels and train tunnels, are subject to additional tolls. All vehicles pay the toll, regardless of whether they have a vignette or are in PSVA (over 3.5t):

  • St. Bernhard Tunnel (border with Italy) – price €48.50 for regular caravans and trailers)
  • Munt-la-Schera tunnel (border with Italy) – for motorhomes and caravans €23 to 25
  • Train-tunnel Furka – motorhomes up to 3.5t and 3.05m height – €27 – 33 depending on time, motorhomes over 3.05m and trailers €54 – 66
  • Train-tunnel Lötschberg – a bit complicated price list, depending on weight and time. Regular camper up to 5t and trailer up to 3.5t €27 – 29.50, for the train there is a car fee of €25-29.50.
  • Oberalp train-tunnel – not suitable for caravans, there is a height limit of 2.5m and a width limit of 2.3m
  • Train-tunnel Vereina – for a motorhome price €34 -39, for a set double


Turkish motorways are tolled according to distance and tolls are also paid for some bridges and the Eurasian Tunnel.

Payment is made either by the so-called OGS toll box or by an HGS sticker with a chip. This sticker is probably the preferred method for most travellers.

OGS box – OGS equipment is available for a deposit and is charged at any amount. If you pass through a toll station, the amount is automatically deducted.

HGS sticker – Turkish vignettes are purchased at post office branches marked PTT. It is a sticker with a chip that you charge, at your discretion, for the amount you want and is linked to the car's registration number. However, you can't find out how much money is left on the sticker, nor how much the eventual motorway journey will cost you. When you first buy the sticker you register, the application for an HGS sticker is a sort of A5 leaflet, you have to pay the sum of 60 lira for the first credit + 5 lira for the sticker. But you can't get the money back from the credit, nor can you transfer it to another car. If there is not enough credit on the sticker when passing through the toll gate, a red light will come on – the amount must be topped up within 7-15 days, otherwise, fines will follow.

More information can be found here:

Prices depend on the route and the type of vehicle. There are three categories:

12-axle vehicles with a wheelbase of less than 3.20m
22-axle vehicles with a wheelbase of less than 3.20m – this will include most motorhomes
3Vehicles or combinations with a total of 3 axles, tandem axles count as 2 – this will include most caravan combinations
4Vehicles or combinations with 4 or 5 axles
5Vehicles or combinations with 6 or more axles

The motorway price list is available here. Examples of prices for selected bridges, in Turkish Lira. One lira is about €0.05:

RouteCat 1Cat 2Cat 3
Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridge
Martyrs Bridge 15 July (Istanbul)
Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge (Istanbul)192546.50
Osmangazi (Istanbul-Izmir) Bridge184.50295350
Avrasya Tunnel (Eurasia Tunnel, Istanbul)
Without a trailer!
46 (auto)
69 (minibus)
Canakkale Bridge 1915200250450

More information:

United Kingdom

In the UK, motorways are mostly free to use, with only the M6 from Birmingham to Wolverhampton and a few tunnels and bridges being tolled depending on vehicle class and/or time – mostly Class 3 for trailers and Class 4 for motorhomes:

A list of all toll routes can be found on the UK government website:

London and Durham

In central London, the Congestion Charge is levied between 7 am and 6 pm on weekdays (Monday to Friday) and between 12 pm and 6 pm on other days. The zone for this charge is marked by a round sign with a red ‘C'. The daily charge for cars is GBP 15.00 and must be paid in advance online or at post offices, petrol stations, and some shops. Failure to pay the Congestion Charge will result in a fine of GBP 160.

In addition, there is a Green Zone (Low Emission Zone) in large parts of London. Only cars that have been previously registered via the link above can enter this eco-zone. Registration plates are recorded by CCTV and the owner of an unregistered vehicle can face heavy fines.

When visiting the English capital, it is advisable to park your car outside the city center and explore London by public transport. If you still need to visit the city center with your car, you can check on the official London Low Emission Zone website whether you are allowed to enter or not before you leave.

A charging zone has also been introduced in Durham to reduce traffic in the inner city area – the Durham Road User Charge Zone. There is a charge of £2 per day Monday to Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm.

This article was made in cooperation with Martin Strimpfl & Silver on the Road website.

By Tasha and Tristan • February 2024

Tasha and Tristan are enthusiastic camper travelers, currently journeying in their orange vintage Mercedes van. Natasha, who previously lived in Borneo working for orangutan conservation, brings a minimalist lifestyle to their vanlife. The couple, without a permanent base, take on various projects across Europe, from pet-sitting to house renovation, earning enough for food and petrol. They constantly seek incredible camper stops to share with Camperguru members.

Check 26 Verified spots at Camperguru by Tasha and Tristan.

We partner with Amazon Associate and earn from qualifying purchases.

Upper Class Gear

Gear maximizing your experiences in the wild outdoors

Our ambassadors hand-selected the highest quality & most endurant gear that they use themselves. Exclusive sellection of renowned providers delivering to your home or camper.

All Gear